A business mogul and former senator representing Ogun East, Buruji Kashamu, has again alleged that the suspended PDP Chairman in the state, Prince Bayo Dayo sold out party members because of monetary gains.
In a statement signed by the PDP chieftain and made available to journalists, Senator Kashamu explained in details why Bayo Dayo betrayed the party he led for eight years by selling out 65% of the party structure to Hon. Ladi Adebutu for N100 million, through a shady reconciliation arrangement four weeks to the end of his tenure.
Buruji said, “This explains why about four weeks to the end of his second term as State Chairman, Bayo Dayo decided to betray those he had led for eight years and purportedly sold 65% of the party structure to Hon. Ladi Adebutu (a.k.a Lado) for N100 million through a shady reconciliation arrangement. He kept the remaining 35% for himself.
“It is this selfish and lopsided sharing ratio that they want to use to set up an imaginary caretaker committee. This is the same group that signed a three-year agreement with the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) on the 7th of March, 2019. The agreement is still valid till 2022 as it has not renounced till date.”
Kashamu lamented on how Bayo Dayo decided to mortgage the political career of thousands of party members for money.
“How can an individual trade off a structure that has taken people huge resources and many years to build because he is a Party Chairman? Can Sikirulai Ogundele, who is on the other side, enter into any agreement or negotiation with anyone without carrying along Hon. Ladi Adebutu and other stakeholders,” Buruji ask.
Senator Buruji pointed out that, Bayo Dayo In a bid to take with him as many unsuspecting leaders and members of the Party, he told them that he was given N100 million. He alleged that the former State Chairman confided in and tried to convince Samuel Olayinka Soneye to join him.
In a statement to the Police and sworn affidavit in court, Soneye said Dayo told him that Ladi Adebutu offered him N100 million to trade off the PDP structure in Ogun State.
Buruji further claimed that Dayo informed the former Chairman of the Inter-Party Advisory Council (IPAC), Comrade Abayomi Arabambi, Mr. Adeleke Shittu, who is his cousin, a serving member of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Hon. Sylvester ‘Niyi Abiodun, that he was offered N100 million.
Furthermore, Dayo’s successor, Hon. Samson Bamgbose corroborated the above witnesses’ statements and added that he was offered some dollars which Dayo told him amounted to N10 million @ N400 per dollar.
All these witnesses have voluntarily made statements to the Police and deposed to affidavits affirming the above-stated facts.
Buruji Kashamu said that to confirm Dayo’s perfidious inclination, the Adebutus now pay his bills, just as they have bought him vehicles and illegally given him three police escorts. This was after the Ogun State Police Command refused Dayo’s application for police escorts.